Friday, April 8, 2016

55,000 Words and One Hat Latter...





    National Craft Month didn't see any of my UFO's finished like I had thought, but I did manage to pull off a few crafty things of the material sort before March took an expected turn.

    Another hat for another friend.  That makes 2 out of 5 finished.  It's a wonder I managed not to lose it amongst the chaos that was sitting on my desk at the time.  Then, from the madness, a dreamcatcher sprang.  It was a spontaneous and random decision to make it, and I enjoyed it all the more because of that.  It was the first time I've worked with lace weight crochet thread, and it wasn't at all frustrating like I thought it would be.  I got to dig into my jar of vintage buttons from an antique store to decorate it, and after having it sit on my desk for 3 weeks, I finally hung it a few days ago ( on the wall, not my drawers ).  I started a rag rug made from all the scraps of my other sewing projects, braiding them together and then hand stitching them into a coil.  It's still in progress, normally only worked during late night TV shows, but it'll get there one day.

    And that's about where my crafty-ness ended for National Craft Month.  At least, as far as fabric and yarn are concerned.  Writing, on the other hand, well, I still can't believe I did what I did.  I might have just kicked out more writing in March then I did last November.  Certainly more then I did in January and February this year combined.  To give you a bit of a visual, let's look at my calendar.  I use those colored yard sale dots to keep track of when I write and how much I write.  Different colors mean different things, ect. ect., but I won't bother you with all my nonsense on that.
So here we have January... 


February...


and then March.


I did the math.  I averaged at about 55,000 words in those last 3 weeks or so of March.
    Now, what on Earth was I doing? you might ask.  Well, I finally shook myself up and got all 28 rough drafts for my children's short stories that I would like to publish one day typed up onto my computer.  I wrote 5 new ones, and all the others I had to copy over.  I originally hand wrote all of them, you see, and it took a lot more time than I thought to get them into digital form.  But I did it.  As a matter of fact, aside from my job, this crazy new running habit I've gotten into, and Learn Storm 2016 ( which I could brag about because after 9 weeks of competitive math I think I might have earned it ), working on those stories was about all I did.  I didn't have time to do anymore crafts, play any Fallout, or, sadly, read.  But it was all worth it in the end.  I completed my goal, I completed Learn Storm, and now it's time for the next challenge.

The editing.

But first, some reading.  Did you see that big stack of books on top of my drawers, back up in the dreamcatcher picture?  That's right people, all 12 of the 'How To Train Your Dragon' books.  It's time to drink iced tea and kick my feet up outside.  'Cause I'm gonna be here a while.


Em

No comments:

Post a Comment