Monday, April 25, 2016

Birthday Weekend: The Tuxedo Cake Returns













It's nice to make something for someone and see them use it for the rest of their life.  I may have made it a small challenge for my sister to get to the bag I made her, but I know that it will be one such item for her, and I can't help but smile at that.  That tuxedo cake from back at the end of January?  It came back and tempted us all again, though this time in it's birthday suit ( I'm sorry but I couldn't resist the pun ).

I am now ready to travel the world in style and with class ( class from my suitcase and from my friends ) after I finished redoing the lining on the inside of my old, no longer dirty green suitcase.  A little upholstery fabric and lot of spray glue later, it is finally travel ready once again.  It was much easier to put the new fabric in than I thought it would be, and I got through with no mishaps.  Well, except for one thing.  The back of the bottle I was using clearly stated NOT to get any of the spray glue on your skin or in your eyes.  So what's the first thing I do?

I spray it all over my hands.  Naturally.  Now this is the same person who a week ago managed to cut their finger, on a door frame.  That's right everyone.  I have talent.

"Talent."

One of the most wonderful things about living where I do is getting to see hot air balloons above my house in the spring and fall.  And the sky, oh how beautiful the sky can be.  I simply can't imagine myself living some place where I wouldn't be able to see the sky.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment