Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lazy Weekends

    What could be better than having a lazy weekend to work on a crochet project while watching one of your favorite TV shows?  There isn't much that I can think of.
    I went rifling around in my closet and found an afghan that I had started back in the spring and haven't touched since.  With all of the Christmas presents for my family made, I thought it would be a good time to pull it back out.
    My plan is to make it a sampler blanket, using all different shades of gray, and having each block be a different stitch or motif.  In search of new stitches to use, I pulled out a stack of crochet books and set to work.




    The hardest decision I had to make was which show to watch?  Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock?  I eventually decided on Doctor Who.




    Outside the beauty of the fall evenings continues to amaze me.  The colors that show up in them are beyond compare.  If you want to snap a picture though, you have to move quick.  They go from golden to gray in just minuets before they're gone.






    While I love all sorts of colors in the sky, if I had to pick a favorite I would go with gray.  Most people might think that's a bit gloomy, but maybe they just don't see all the swirling patterns in the gray clouds or how all the other colors pop against an overcast background.
    Plus, when it's gray out, most people don't want to get out and do things.  That means staying at home and having wonderful lazy weekends like this one.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment