Friday, November 13, 2015

Where the Madness Begins

    Well here we are!  The first post.  Is it unlucky to start on Friday the 13th?  I don't think so.  13 is my lucky number, so I feel pretty good about getting this going today.  I'm new to all this blogging though, so we'll just have to see how it goes.
    I'm nearly half way through my first go at National Novel Writing Month.  I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now, so I'm really happy to finally be doing it!  It hasn't been nearly as grueling as I thought it would be.  Actually, with my tea, some chocolate, and my music, it's been really nice to turn the sign on my door and click away at my keyboard.

( Yes, I do think I'm hilarious. )


     I've gotten past my perfectionism in the first draft of writing, and I know that is part of what has made this easier than what I thought it would be.  I just have to remember that I'm only putting sand in the sandbox right now.  I can worry about building the castle later.
    Writing is something that I deeply enjoy, and finally making the commitment to a whole novel is something that I'm glad I've decided to do.  So I'm going to dive back into my little world again and get back at it.  Who knows when I'll resurface.

Em


   

1 comment: